Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Miserable Freedom and Floor Boards in a Cafe


Miserable Freedom
Miserable misery,
Sweet solace of ignorance,
Blow me!
As a leaf in the swirled wind.

To land on a car,
Caught on a wiper,
Driven across land and country,
Along the globe and road of empires.

Set free on the coast,
Buried in sand,
Grinding my skin,
Uncovered by innocent beauty.

Crush between fingers of destiny,
Destined to collapse in sands of war,
Half way around the world.
Brought back flying in endless

Eternity, above the shore
From whence I crumbled
One sun brazen afternoon
When I was freed to perish.


Floor Boards in a Cafe
The floor boards creek here,
And the coffee is better than the corporate
Coffee not fairly traded,
With farmers-people-trying to get by.

Most people here worship a deity,
I worship and bend to what I see,
People-in front of me-loving me,
Hating me.

Believe what you want,
I sit here to drink and write.
Do what you want,
I will do the same.

Keep laws off my freedom G-man!
And keep your Lord in your heart,
When you judge me-
Don’t forget-he judges you.

I like you, let’s drink,
I like you, no need to yell,
I like you, why do you hate me,
I hate you, when you kill me.

I wear pants, though have no need,
Just like you,
I walk one foot after the other,
And not jumping on you.

Whose mind alters, when I’m with Mary?
Whose stance falters, bending knee?
Who cares when I die?
No longer I.

So I sit drinking my drug,
As you get high on life.
High is my life,
Thinking about floor boards.
Justin Vaisnor

No comments:

Post a Comment