Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Casualty and The Observer

I'm putting these two poems together because they belong in the same short collection I plan to finish in the near future. Thanks!- Dave

taken by a friend of me watching the sunrise on Masada


The Casualty
By David Marcus Karp

You will see, boys
You will see
City lights reflecting bac on me

I am nothing
Without time flying

I’ll let the world be
You’ll find it, you’ll see

I am lost now
In a sea of sunlight
Old city walls glow with time that’s gone

Everybody
Searching for their own sense of peace
All the children crying in a song

Prayers are blowing
Through dust and wind
Tryin’ to find an ear that will listen

The desert’s flooding
With tears of broken hearts
Won’t anybody look at the world today?

Riots, rage and rubble
Shouldn’t tell my story
I swear that one day
I’ll find this place’s glory

I swear that one day
I’ll find this place’s glory


The Observer
By David Marcus Karp

The fire falls
The sirens cry
The sky is silent
And so am I

What’s happened here
What story’s told
Could any person
Be so bold?

Sometimes it gets so cold
Sometimes I feel so old

I wanna love the world again

No comments:

Post a Comment