Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Sometimes

By David Marcus Karp


Sometimes, when I’m sitting alone
I feel safest, and I feel happy
Knowing that I’m content with my life
Music plays, people live, and the air is bittersweet
But sometimes, I feel paranoid
Like they all look at me and even sometimes see nothing there
Sometimes I feel the eyes
And they make me shiver endlessly, and I see my breath in the coldness of myself
Why? Because I don’t care
Sometimes I realize that I’m not perfect
And the perfectionist in me becomes a little white lie
Sometimes the loneliness stares me in the eyes
And stands between everything I stand for
I find in me both a paradise and a paradox
And the reality gets harder to the touch
But that’s the price you pay
When you want nothing but the truth everyday
You take whatever’s in stock
Happy, sad, good, bad
As long as it’s not a lie, as long as it makes you feel something
That’s the way I live
Sometimes I feel happy, sometimes I feel sad
Sometimes I feel lonely, sometimes I feel content
No matter which “sometimes” it is
I always feel alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment