Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Wide Awake Weekend Poems

So I wrote these two poems when I had insomnia this past weekend and didn't sleep the Friday night-Saturday morning. Hope you enjoy!- Dave


4:11 am
By David Marcus Karp

Sea of reflections of the night
Streetlights guide me through the open
Flashes of electricity excite the eyes
Through the tunnel of steel thunder

Sleeping, woken, moving, THINKING
Nothing, guarding, loving, thinking
Nothing, nothing, lying, thinking
Nothing, nothing, nothing, thinking
Nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing

Where do I go from here?

Home was such a yesterday
Dreaming is the present
Finding “fearless” future feels forever
Can I go back a few stops?

Time is non-existent now
But only a few stops away

This is…


Insomnia
By David Marcus Karp

When you can’t tell apart sunrise from sunset
And your eyes are useless shutters
Thoughts from head, heart, and soul collide
And you just become part of any crowd wandering

You’ve seen me in the deadest of nights
I’m good nor bad, just another reality
I’m walking the streets of raw consciousness
Or driving on empty streets looking for a friend

Waiting for some dreamed up escape
And rolling the dice on truth
It’s the only honest deal in a world gone astray
And you realize you may have always been the only one awake

No comments:

Post a Comment