Wednesday, March 14, 2012

O! Distractions


By Justin Vaisnor

O!
Videogames, I’ll play-
Music, I’ll listen to-
Concerts! I’ll go see them make beau-

television, what lies does the news hold this day?
movies, what do my peers dream of through cgi?

O!
Facebook, I’ll look at-
…Mobile device, I’ll talk to-
Youtube, I’ll vote on what I see-

articles, journals, magazines, novels, newspapers-
whatever! reading is such a hassle.

O!
Family, let’s drink-
Friends, let’s drink-
I, will drink like nothing’s wrong-

Radio, what do you say and not show?
Privacy, what can’t you hide?

O!
Freedom, I’ll provide-
Love, the seed to sow-
O! if I can only feel-O!

distractions all around-
my, non-environmentally sound nature.

O!
Self-destruction, I’ll blow up in my face-
O!
Money, I’ll be more corrupt than you honey-
O!
O! O! Life! I’ll lose control to the world that has a knife!

Responsibility, what have I done?
Trust, what have you?

No comments:

Post a Comment